A Guide to Business Ethics
Business ethics is a descriptive discipline that examines ethical and moral principles, aspects and problems that arises in an organization or business environment. It is a form of applied ethics also, which applies to all facets of business conducts suitable to the behaviors of individuals. It deals with ethical questions in various fields such as financial, medical and economy.
Business ethics in general, is an ethical discipline which focuses on the overview of issues in the business world. It is part a of business ethics which extends over the aims to determine the basic purpose of a company such as to reward shareholders on their investments. Also, it deals with ethical issues as regards the relationships that exist between different companies and a general view of concepts, fundamentals, principles and morals.
- Business Ethics: All about business ethics, in general.
- Ethics and Business: Center for Ethics and Business examines the rewards and costs of operating ethically.
- More on Business Ethics: Information and resources on business ethics from Santa Clara University.
In the international level, business ethic is regarded as a resort of relevant information to help the general public, firms and co operations access past and current business practices for future purposes, such as to guide business behaviors. International business ethics being a discipline under business ethics, addresses the morals and principles of employees towards discharging their responsibilities. It also entails creating an ideal atmosphere where issues that pertains to employee’s wrong doings and misconduct is raised and addressed.
- Cross Cultural Issues: A presentation that looks at the issues that arise between different cultures.
- IBEI: The International Business Ethics Institute promotes corporate responsibilty and business ethics.
- Business ethics and law subject guide: All about business ethics and law subject guide.
Theoretical issues in businesses deals with addressing relevant approaches and initiatives of either the employee or the company. In this regards, it is seen as conflicting interests. A situation where an interest that seem to favor the company looks detrimental to employees is unaltered and where societies and companies disagree to a certain conflicting cultural practice such as organizations that operate in countries where practices are alien because of the customary recognized way that businesses are carried out there.
- Core Issues: Variety of articles on core issues in business ethics.
- Institue for Information Ethics and Policy: Resources on Information Ethics from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Business Ethics in the Field: A look at ethics in the business and accounting fields.
Business ethics in fields encompasses lots of ethical programs and compliance. It also entails internal policies which an organization formulates to guild employees towards their behaviors and morals in discharging their duties. These policies are also known as an (ethic code), which are drafted to specify the companies expectations of workers, most especially towards addressing some common ethical issues and challenges encounters during duties. Companies expect that having such policies, it will help a great deal to manage most ethical problems faced by employees. Also, in reckon with ethic policies, organizations or companies may decide to appoint “business conduct officers”, who ensure and promote ethical business practices by controlling their organizations efforts towards achieving the right ethical practices.
- How to manage ethics in the work place: All about business ethics and how to manage ethics in place of work.
- Ethics for Business Success: Resources on ethics from the Better Business Bureau
- Business ethics in global economy: All about business economy and its effects in the global economy.
Religious views on business ethics can be seen from the cultural and customary perspective. Though perceived as less important in the field of business ethics, religious views has broad importance because it has a great influence on business values. In this regards, one can view Islamic banking which is known for not charging interests on loans, as intending to have a pronounce effects on organizations that are based in Islamic regions, such as in Asia and the Middle East.
- Journal of Religion and Business Ethics: Journal that looks at the religious and ethical issues that occur in the business setting.
- Business Ethics Center of Jerusalem: Center that promotes business integrity through an awareness of Jewish ethical teachings.
- Religion and Ethics: A variety of multimedia resources on ethics and religion from the University of San Diego.
Apart from the various aspects of business ethics, the basis of it emanates from early moral training instead of the policies, the society and the business environment in respect.