Have you been looking for a live answering service? If so, you’ve probably noticed that many services come with different add-on fees. Don’t be fooled into paying for features that should be free!
Here are five live answering features that should never cost you extra money:
- Message Delivery Fees – It’s comical that an answering service would charge an extra fee in order for you to get the messages they take for you – message delivery is one of the main reasons most customers choose a live answering service in the first place! Charging for message delivery is a great way for the service provider to generate extra revenue, but this means that your satisfaction is not their first priority.
- Patching Fees – Call patching is a key part of an answering service, and it should not cost you an arm and a leg to have your calls patched through to you. The good answering service providers, such as VoiceNation, will bundle this into their monthly pricing. We believe that there should not be an additional charge or per-minute fee for you to talk to your caller once the call has been patched.
- Holiday Fees – Every answering service provider knows that their customers will need them on holidays. However, many service providers take advantage of that fact and charge a higher rate on those days. Find an answering service that recognizes that answering the phones for you on holidays is part of their job and make sure they are willing to do that for you at no additional cost.
- Phone Number Usage Fees – In order to use an answering service, you have to have a phone number. So why are answering service providers charging a separate fee for the number and/or for your usage of that phone number? Obviously, with any service, you are paying for operator call handling time. But you shouldn’t be paying for your calls to be connected in the first place. A good answering service will bundle the cost of your number and operator call handling time into your monthly service fee instead of trying to make easy money off of you.
- Voicemail – The cost for voicemail is so minimal these days that answering service providers should not charge an extra fee to include it as part of your service. Voicemail is part of a live answering package. Find an answering service like VoiceNation that bundles the voicemail into your monthly service price.